Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Prayer

So lately Julianne has been very good about folding her arms and closing her eyes for prayers. She even starts mumbling a little gibberish in her own prayer voice. At the dinner table Kurt usually grabs my hand to say the prayer from across the dinner table. That is just something we have always done. Well Jules picked up on it last week and so we have all been holding hands to bless the food.

At Grammy and Papa's house last Sunday we knelt for a prayer and Julianne walked over to them and grabbed each of their hands for the prayer and closed her eyes. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She stayed there for a good two minutes trying so hard to be reverent and keep her eyes closed. I looked over at Kurt during this whole maneuver and we almost burst out laughing. It is amazing what kids at such a young age pick up on. This experience made me want to be a little better in my everyday actions around my little girl. She is mimicking my every move. I love being a mom and witnessing Julianne's daily growth and development. This just had to be documented so I would never forget her sweet little prayers at 17 months.

4 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love seeing my kids pray. It's the sweetest thing!

BTW, she is your twin! So cute!

elizajoy said...

Love this. Love you.

PJ & SANDRA said...

Such cute blog posts! I feel like I could copy and paste them onto my blog about Sophie. Our girlies have a lot in common. No wonder they get along so well. I love the prayer story! So sweet! Also, Sophie found your Christmas card today and was pointing to Julianne saying "Jus, Jus" (Juls). =)

Ash said...

so cute!